Thursday, July 18, 2013

Brown Bear, Brown Bear: how Chace and I read it



This is a book idea I picked up from Chace's SLP, Jaime up at Lurie Children's. Chace is doing so well with her right now, and we will surely miss her when we go back home to Manila in September.




Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?  is a book by Bill Martin, Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle. It's a very good book for Chace because the text is repetitive, and he easily caught on to the pattern.






With Jaime, we used plushie toy animals, but since I couldn' find those anywhere, I just used these printables that I got online. I laminated them so they could last longer for our frequent use. When we read the book together, I let him pick out the next animal to stick on our foam board, before I turn the page. So it's simple animal and color recognition as well. :)




It's really a very simple book, but there are so many activities that you can do to teach your child different skills (sorting, coloring, tracing, etc.). It's easy enough to google "brown bear printables/activities" to find the right activity for your child.:)



No comments:

Post a Comment